Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Gravity feature extended

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
We have the Gravity feature where one can place elements to the top surface of Slabs, Roofs and Meshes.
Why not have an "anti-gravity" feature which snaps elements to the bottom surface of Slabs or Roofs or Beams or any surface for that matter.

So maybe the solution would be the extension of the Gravity feature, only one would not call it gravity. Certain element types could only be placed onto Walls or onto bottom surfaces of Slabs or whatever. Or element would be able to sense the surfaces of other elements and snap to them, be it a vertical, slanted or other kind of surface.
I would love to see such a feature in a future version.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be great to go with the new ceiling tool 😉

It would also be great if the "gravity/antigravity" function could be combined with an "attachment" tool so that the dropped or floated part could remain linked to the surface they are attached to. I am thinking of light fixtures that rise and fall with the ceiling and trees and fence posts that retain their relation to a changing terrain model.

Of course this carries the risks of burdening the model with excessive calculation so relationship management becomes another important feature.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Matthew wrote:
It would also be great if the "gravity/antigravity" function could be combined with an "attachment" tool so that the dropped or floated part could remain linked to the surface they are attached to.
This could be similar to how skylights are associated to the roofs that they are placed on.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Paul King
Advisor
I agree (and proposed it a long time ago! - even before this forum was set up!)
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop