Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Grid Elements

gdford
Advisor
There are times when grid element label heads do not fit on the drawings and thus get trimmed off... I know we can create additional drawings on the layout that only show the grid element heads that we need and then align it manually with the drawing on the layout that has the grid element heads trimmed off...... but it would be nice is we could drill down to the grid element name and display it using autotext in the model and not have to worry about coordinating the grid line names on the layout..... the same is true for story id, names and elevations.

Personally i think that all information in any object should be available using autotext... Story markers are a good example of this... Instead of increasing the flexibility of what the story marker can display, just give me access to the marker data so i can display it how i want.... where's the bim?

Thanks,
GaryF
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
24 REPLIES 24
Eduardo Rolon

It is the Grid label mentioned above and yes it happens when copied.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the information!

I download the object from Podolsky and placing it on various scales. In the PDF output (tried with both printing and publishing), I couldn't reproduce the issue, as you can see in the screenshot below:

AcroRd32_cpxzUSfXK0.png

(Even with thicker line or if I zoom in the PDF, there was no problem).

Which makes me think, maybe the problem comes from the PDF's Document settings, or with the PDF viewer?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon

Hmm, try changing the scale of the drawing to a bigger one to see if it happens. I just tried selecting a smaller scale and it looks better. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.17.09 AM.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Eduardo,

Per your advice, I played around with line and scale, but couldn't reproduce the issue. If you are interested in a deeper investigation, I would like to have a sample of your project file, where the issue can be reproduced for further testing.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks