Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Grid markers in layout for cropped views

Karl Barker
Participant
Cadimage used to have a function with their grid tool wherby if you placed a cropped view of a plan, or anything, in the layout where the grid lines were cut short in the view, you could automatically attach the grid markers to the view window so you knew which grids were shown in the view.
Currently, the only way I can see that this can be done now with the ArchiCAD grid is to have a duplicate window cropped for the grid markers.

Attached is a screen shot of a layout sheet where we would like to have the grid markers shown on the plans as well as the elevation.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Confused on what you're asking, Karl ... is this a Cadimage wish (which belongs on their forums) - or something that Graphisoft can do something about? Or was this supposed to just be a discussion in the 'Other Products' forum (in which case I'll move it there)?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Barker
Participant
It is a request of Graphisoft for the development of their grid tool to make in more useful.
Cadimage no longer produce a grid line tool as graphisoft sorted their one out a few years ago.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Karl Ottenstein
Got it. Thanks. Took me a while to see what you're asking without an illustration - but now that I get it - this would be a great feature.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
GoranA
Participant

Is this feature implemented? I'm using workaround with 5 view maps, 4 for grids at each end and one central with plan view.

No, it is not.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27