Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Grids to follow "project extensions"

alemanda
Advocate
I hope GS might implement better the gridline tool. I try to explain what I have in mind as dream right now.
It is very common that chaning the floor the project could have very different extension. For example a basement floor plan is usually much larger than GF and it is much larger than typical floor.
What I dream is a grid line tool that bahaves dynamically floor by floor as it does in sections/elevations.
I should set the gridlines at once and a project extension polyline. Each grid line should have an option to automatically extend to project extension polyline.
Another good option could be that the gridline extends automatically to cropped view extents.
This would be a time saver and also allow to avoid errors due to manually grid line positioning.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Right now I tackle this with showing different size grid elements on different stories and using linked section markers on different stories (same problem, different tool).

This is quite tedious indeed.

Other way to 'fix' it is by using split drawings on layout.

I don't see the vote options, but it has my vote!

Also somewhat related: renovation projects where you might have the same issue between existing and new status with different size grids.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Another tip: you can lock the grid elements (or the layer) to prevent accidental moving.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
alemanda
Advocate
I don't know why it is not a poll ... previously every post in WISH section became a poll automatically.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Barry Kelly
alemanda wrote:
I don't know why it is not a poll ... previously every post in WISH section became a poll automatically.
I believe you have to activate the poll now when you make the initial post.
It looks like you get to choose the options rather than generating an automatic poll.
You should be able to edit the first post and activate the poll.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11