Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Group of zones

Tinou
Enthusiast

Hello, Was the issue of zone grouping solved in AC 26 ?

As far as I know it wasn't.

So I suppose millons of architects are waiting for this possibilitiy with AC, when they are like me projecting collective housing bildings.

Now I use zone numbers to collect all rooms of one flat in schedules. But I need a way to write the total area directly and automaticly on the plan wiew.

Étienne - AC 24 - France
7 REPLIES 7

No. GS doesn't seem to consider higher level entities such as groups, systems and zones to be something worth developing - you can always use the IFC manager!

Yves
Advocate

Hi,
A solution in this post by Mathias with python and a property

But not automatic we must restart the python script to update

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/PYTHON-Sum-area-script/td-p/371704

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

Thanks (merci !)

This should be directly included in next AC !

Étienne - AC 24 - France
runxel
Legend

In the German version we have the integrated "Wohnungsstempel" add-on (apartment stamp).

It kinda does what you want. But it is horrible and everybody hates it.

Then there is the great add-on by @BerndSchwarzenbacher.

But I agree that there should be a hierarchical order given in the system and something like this should be working out-of-the-box.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
KB-at-CWA
Booster

ArchiCAD really should just replace the Zone tool with a "Space" tool that allows you to group Spaces together into Zones. This would align it with IFC standards. They could remove a lot of the junk that is in the Zone tool right now as well

Graphisoft Certified Archicad BIM Manager - AC6 to AC25/AC26 macOS Ventura
Jarrod Phillips
Enthusiast

Hi Tinou,

A good workaround for this is to use the selections palette. You can save a selection of zones and give it a name. Then, if you need to reselect the same zones again, you simply click on the saved selection in the palette. You can find it by clicking on Windows > Palettes > Selections.

Cheers!

Jarrod

BIM Manager | Graduate of Architecture
Fulton Trotter Architects - Sydney, Australia
Archicad 15 - 27
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello, 

Thank you for all of your comments!
I'm happy to say we took notice and registered a wish under WISH-12777. 

I hope it will be implemented soon!

Best regards, 

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer