Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Grouping objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just upgraded from 12 to 19 and noticed there are quite a few changes.

First: How do you draw in isometric ie plumbing riser diagrams. In 12 I used the 3D view option and set to 'internal engine'. The new 3d view option doesn't have the 'internal engine' option so I don't get the various guide lines of 15deg 30deg etc.

Secondly I cannot group elements such as lines, circles etc into one. How is this done in 19??

Help please......
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
robertf wrote:
I've just upgraded from 12 to 19 and noticed there are quite a few changes.

First: How do you draw in isometric ie plumbing riser diagrams. In 12 I used the 3D view option and set to 'internal engine'. The new 3d view option doesn't have the 'internal engine' option so I don't get the various guide lines of 15deg 30deg etc.
View in 3D with layer combo etc. as desired, right-click in 3D window and select the "New 3D document from 3D…" option. This basically converts the view to a 3D Internal Engine view, you can then draw over / dimension with normal 2D tools. Save the view to your View Map as normal. View can be updated / redefined if required.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart,
Thank you for your response, but I must be missing something wrong. I only get x-y axis and 45deg points but not 15 & 30 deg like I did in AC12.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Work Environment Dialog's Input Constraints and Guides page.
Set the Incremental Angle field to 15 degrees.

About the "Grouping": Select the consecutive elements and use the Edit\Reshape\Unify command (this command may not be on your menu if you imported your AC12 Work Environment into AC19.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo,
I'm starting from scratch and building my template document. Ctrl G is now working for grouping objects as it did in AC12. Does it not work the same in AC19??
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
robertf wrote:
Ctrl G is now working for grouping objects as it did in AC12. Does it not work the same in AC19??
I am assuming you meant "not" for "now". Go to Work Environment > Shortcut Schemes > Keyboard Shortcuts and see which keyboard shortcut is assigned to "Group". You can change it to Ctrl G there.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
robertf wrote:
Thanks Laszlo,
I'm starting from scratch and building my template document. Ctrl G is now working for grouping objects as it did in AC12. Does it not work the same in AC19??
Sorry, I misunderstood. You wrote you want to "group elements such as lines, circles etc into one." I thought you meant you wanted to unify them into one element.
I does work the same way in AC19.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,....just checking