Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Handle dashed line by hatches

Anonymous
Not applicable
When the hatch has a dashed outline, that it is not continious where points are close one to another.
There is an option with the polyline tool to make the dashed line continious, but by hatches I can't find that .
Is there any way to handle this? (see attached image)
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is not currently possible so it is a wish.
I have moved it to a Wish forum and added a poll.
You can vote in your own poll, by the way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Only the polyline tool has the option to have the dashes be continuous vs by segment. So in this case you’d have to use the polyline tool instead of a fill (or other).

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89073/
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
James,
So you mean draw the outline with the Polyline Tool, then use SPACE-click, for example, to draw the Fill inside the Polyline, and set the Fill to "No Outline"?
That seems like a workaround that would do the trick.

But, the wish is still valid, and it may not be such a huge task to implement since the Outline of a Fill is actually a Polyline, and the solution already exists in the Polyline Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
LaszloNagy wrote:
James,
So you mean draw the outline with the Polyline Tool, then use SPACE-click, for example, to draw the Fill inside the Polyline, and set the Fill to "No Outline"?
That seems like a workaround that would do the trick.

But, the wish is still valid, and it may not be such a huge task to implement since the Outline of a Fill is actually a Polyline, and the solution already exists in the Polyline Tool.

Yep exactly what I was thinking. Not sure why the option wasn't expanded beyond Polyline. I think only Polyline has it due to DWG support/conversions.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it in the future as Wish #12656). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

runxel
Legend
James wrote:
I think only Polyline has it due to DWG support/conversions.
Could be handled by a translator setting, couldn't it?
a) seperate the fill from the polyline
b) keep it as one element, fall back to regular dashed line (without the corner mitigation)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»