Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Have the 2d plan view reflect SEOs made to 3d objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Example: Create a 3D object, such as a rafter. Trim it to a roof using a boolean operation (SEO). The 2d plan view does not show it as trimmed. Apparently, this applies to all Solid Element Operations.

I've posted about this issue here..

This seems like a BIG omission, a bug even.

--------------
keywords: SEO S.E.O. trim trims floor plan
22 REPLIES 22
TomWaltz
Participant
I agree this is an important feature, but I can't figure out why you would place rafters individually or trim them in that way.

Even if you're not using Roof Builder, I'd still think you would be better off just placing the rafter at the right length to begin with. SEOs are no replacement for the Trim command or just modeling exactly to begin with. Why not SEO off all the ends of your walls at corners instead of trimming them?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom
I did use RoofMaker to create the initial structure. Check out the link in my first post to find out what and why this frustrates me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a (relatively) new ArchiCAD user, I'm curious as to how some of these larger 'bugs' get addressed. I am sooooo frustrated with the building model being disconnected with the plan view. To this I am speaking directly to the SEO created elements not reading in plan. After 12 versions being released, how does Graphisoft use this forum to address problems with the program? My feeling is that this is one of the most 2D programs I have ever used.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grass wrote:
As a (relatively) new ArchiCAD user, I'm curious as to how some of these larger 'bugs' get addressed. I am sooooo frustrated with the building model being disconnected with the plan view. To this I am speaking directly to the SEO created elements not reading in plan. After 12 versions being released, how does Graphisoft use this forum to address problems with the program? My feeling is that this is one of the most 2D programs I have ever used.
I guess one of the reasons the effects of SEO on library parts isn't shown is that their 2d display is coded into their internal script. Library parts are not aware of anything outside of their code, so if you artificially trim them using SEO, they have no idea what has been done to them.

What would be a better feature is an 'extend to face' function in 3d, much like the 'adjust' function on plan where the length parameter is updated correctly so the intelligence is kept.

In an ideal world SEO wouldn't exist at all because it isn't a proper BIM function: it's a cheap workaround to compensate for the lack of flexibility in the existing tools.

Rather than demanding that the effects of SEO be shown on plan, maybe we should be asking that the existing tools be enhanced so we wouldn't need it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow... over 2800 views and only 27 people voted in total.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should check the ArchiCAD Help files.
There are some images there about the SEO options available in ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
the feature is essential.
SEO have to appear in the 2d plan view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"wastzzz" wrote:
the feature is essential.
SEO have to appear in the 2d plan view.

can i just ask,
i have created a complex roof structure that is really only possible using SOE editing.
But i do need a workable plan.
My sections are all perfect with the SOE cuts, just not the plans.

can you please tell me that this major error has been fixed in archicad15?

thanks.
Ian
Barry Kelly
Only shells and roofs show their SEO form in 2D.
Nothing else does.Maybe in future versions as they further develop the existing tools like they have done with the roof tool.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11