Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Have the 2d plan view reflect SEOs made to 3d objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Example: Create a 3D object, such as a rafter. Trim it to a roof using a boolean operation (SEO). The 2d plan view does not show it as trimmed. Apparently, this applies to all Solid Element Operations.

I've posted about this issue here..

This seems like a BIG omission, a bug even.

--------------
keywords: SEO S.E.O. trim trims floor plan
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Old post but I've only just realized this. Why, oh why, do SEO's not show up in plan????

Help us Katalin Takacs!! Tell the tech guys they need to fix this!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am pretty sure they are aware of it.
But I think this requires more fundamental changes to the program so it is not a easy or fast task to do.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Press release: New features in ArchiCad 24:

SEO's now visible in plan.

Stair tool improved.

Beams have cover fills.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
Press release: New features in ArchiCad 24:

SEO's now visible in plan.

Stair tool improved.

Beams have cover fills.

I'm sure (if it takes that long) BOTH of the people still using Archicad 24 will be very happy.
jferreira
Newcomer
Using version 17 but the SEO's don't show up. (I substracted a series of slabs with a vertical square prism to make the hole for the stairs) the operation does show up in 3D but not on the plan view.

Is this some sort of option I need to activate?
Karl Ottenstein
jferreira wrote:
No, that is the point of this wish: SEOps do not show up in plan. The bit below was a joke about a mythical AC 24.

Cast your vote above.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
jferreira
Newcomer
Ha! misread the v24 thing, just voted now. Thank you!!
Karl wrote:
jferreira wrote:
No, that is the point of this wish: SEOps do not show up in plan. The bit below was a joke about a mythical AC 24.

Cast your vote above.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jferreira wrote:
Using version 17 but the SEO's don't show up. (I substracted a series of slabs with a vertical square prism to make the hole for the stairs) the operation does show up in 3D but not on the plan view.
If you are just cutting a hole in a slab use the pet palette options.
jferreira
Newcomer
Yup, at the end I opted for that option, the reason I did the SEO was because that volume was affecting a lot of elements
s2art wrote:
jferreira wrote:
If you are just cutting a hole in a slab use the pet palette options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
2014, Archicad 17, and still no correct plan for S.E.O. affected elements..

i mean... come on already

.advanced BIM integration?
.advanced BIM tools etc etc?
.smooth and smart workflows?
.freedom in designing?

not without this one

other features are pretty decent with their own flaws, but this one has been going on for a long time and needed a fix to improve all those things i mentioned above, it's frustrating to work in a BIM knowing that it's not containing the correct "information"