Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Having a hard time with this new forum format

bgoodale
Booster

I really wish Graphisoft had not decided to migrate Archicad talk to this new community forum!

I'm finding it extremely difficult to navigate, and it is not returning any useful searches on basic topics. I would typically find answer for issues that I need to troubleshoot for which I can't find an answer to in the user guide. This is no longer the case. 

AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
5 REPLIES 5

Agreed. It's a shame really. It's pretty, but has very low functionality. There is simply no way to browse all topics by subject or category and/or navigate to the ones that interest you. Instead we're presented with posts that takes up about ten times the screen space than the old version which was a nice, concise single line listed view. I wanna see what I wanna see, not see previews of EVERY post.

The downside is that the participation and activity level may dwindle because of its UI. I don't feel our opinions will matter much and they'll do what they want to do.

To date they have not fixed BIMx (meaning being half the app BIMx Legacy was)
They have decided to delete the option to save as FBX
...and now have done this to the forum.

Even with all of our feedback, from the users who actually USE their wares, they ignore it.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

good to know that I'm not the only one and that I'm not just being a grumpy old man resistant to change!

AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

Rex, 

I agree with several things you guys mention about the forum, these things are being communicated to Graphisoft so they can work on improving the user interface and user experience. 

However, Rex, Minh from GS Tech Support clearly communicated to you that the Twinmotion format was always developed by Epic Games and it was their decision to stop saving as FBX and use their own file format instead:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/FBX-Export-Archicad-25/m-p/310984/highlight/true#M1...

Also, Roland Szabo from GS Product Success answered you several times about BIMx and told you how they are planning to address the issues you raised:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/new-vs-old-bimx/m-p/271923/highlight/tr...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

He did, but it was "after" my post above. I replied to his post regarding the FBX issue. It is a bit of a "he said/she said" thing as moderators from Epic on the TM forums and FB page stated it was a GS thing... it does however make sense that Epic is responsible for it.

As for the forum, I am holding out hope that they bring back a method of globally browsing the topics in categorical fashion as with the old forum, at least as a preference/option.

Thanks Laszlo.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
4hotshoes
Advisor

One feature that I miss is knowing how many people have seen my post. The old system would post the number of viewers with each post. Then it would show who posted last. Other systems would show who posted the most. This is not vital, but it does help establish a sense of community that feels like is laking. By seeing these stats, I can feel that I am being seen, rather blind in a dark labyrinth.

The other thing that helps is a clearer user status. Creative names mean nothing, if you want to know someone's level of experience and reliability. Maybe not that big of a deal, but again, being a part of the community and knowing the people is helpful to make this forum work better. The star system was unquestionably clear and simple and non-judgmental.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)