Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Helpcenter forum

Djordje
Ace

Does anyone else think the now deceased Helpcenter (https://helpcenter.Graphisoft.com) should be a Forum on its own?

International and localized contents.

Articles here are well and good, but they are hard to find (as is mostly everything else you don't have bookmarked) and A LOT of the beginner questions could have been answered by people simply searching for the topic they need.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

Difficult to define help. There's a big difference between "How do I draw a line" and "My licences aren't visible on my network". This forum is one big boiling pot of help, it could improve if GS actually turned up to address some of the real technical problems. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

The content on Helpcenter was quite well organized and presented, if somewhat dry. But then, which manual is not? The HowTo articles were well written and illustrated, albeit somewhat out of date and not always updated to the current version.

Joke: do you know why men read manuals? to see where they screwed up...

Joking aside, that is the case with software, most often than not. We jump right in, and only when the proverbial hits the fan, we remember that there are a thousand, and then some, pages of the manual that we have not seen yet...

Djordje

HP Omen

"Joke: do you know why men read manuals? to see where they screwed up..."

Haha! Good one! ...and true!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I would argue that for technical difficulties, you should check with your reseller, which should offer support.

I've always known this is a user forum, where users will answer your questions, but it is not a GS support channel.

If it would add that (actual tech support), it will be even more difficult to follow discussion.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

@Erwin,

The Helpcenter was not tech support. It was a repository of Graphisoft articles, manuals, and other useful stuff. It is being migrated here, to various places, according to the current forums. It should be a read only forum that only Graphisoft can edit and update, as the Helpcenter site was.

Nothing can replace live tech support. The close second is the advice and the help you get here.

Luckily I know quite a bit about Archicad, as I don't have a reseller or a tech support channel for the last 14 months and counting. Neither does the rest of the Middle East, and North Africa.

Djordje

HP Omen

Ouch, even just lopping together an entire chunk of the planet that size with just one reseller sounds dubious. Having none is quite bad. Is the market share so poor on your side of the world?

I feel spoiled with our excellent reseller in the Netherlands! Quick support during office hours through multiple channels.

Sorry I misunderstood the topic.

Not sure how the helpcenter will work in this forum format and how it will be 'backwards compatible' with older versions of Archicad. If you press the little help '?' button, it will point you to the correct part of the helpcenter on any dialogue window in AC, as far as I know.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5