BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hide element via Graphic Override

Podolsky
Ace
Add possibility to hide element via Graphic Override. It will help to better manage construction phases.
17 REPLIES 17
Podolsky
Ace
Something like that...
Maybe keep renovation and overrides as it is, but add new filter called "construction stages", where possible to create as many entries, as possible. Then element renovation status will be let say "new", but it can belong to construction stage 1 (or "delivery 1", "delivery 2", "installation 1", "installation 2" etc.) - it can be shown or hidden and has different overrides, if needed.
As about construction simulation add-on - I had idea to create additional panel with timeline (similar to many animation software). Then all stages can "hang" on this timeline - and as soon as you press "play" - shows how building is "growing". With additional commands in GDL, objects like cranes and delivery lorries can be animated too.
DGSketcher
Legend
I don't recall seeing a wish for the renovation filter option so I have posted one...
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=325264#p325264

I have on more than one occasion looked at the Construction Simulation Add-on. For some businesses I can see it could be really useful if you have the resources to manage it. I am surprised GS don't make more of it, I would have thought it would have more value than SAM to a large designer practice. I was considering it myself to coordinate the assembly order on SIPs panels.

MFVO: I think a replacement for layers will come in time, but don't hold your breath.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:
Maybe keep renovation
I really don't see the point of maintaining Renovation an Partial Structure Display View Options... Or even Layers (Ok... Sorry for the heresy )
Isn't Consistency our long time mantra here on the forum?

Podolsky wrote:
As about construction simulation add-on - I had idea to create additional panel with timeline (similar to many animation software)
Where would you create this additional panel?

DGSketcher wrote:
MFVO: I think a replacement for layers will come in time, but don't hold your breath.
Perhaps we should stop breathing and start doing photosynthesis.
DGSketcher
Legend
Renovation Filters I don't use much as most of my work is NEW build BUT I do think they have an important role in renovation & extension work. Partial Structure Display I use most of the time. Were you intending these to be in the model filter instead or replaced with some other workflow?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Renovation Status and Structural Function could be regular properties added to elements. Then I would simply create a specific Filter with a specific Rule (This Rule could be added to other Filters, the same way we do with GO). Same thing to Construction Phase...

The main obstacle to achieve this, that I can see, is that it would need that every single element in AC, 2d or 3d, could have properties and classifications. And Model Filters should work inside CP's BM's. I know that the implementation of this functionality in AC wouldn't be a walk in the park, but IMHO this is the logic way to go when we all see the extreme complexity of models/projects this days.
Podolsky
Ace
Construction timeline panel can have two versions: one is compact horizontal, that can be located anywhere in the interface (see picture). Another can be full - it might have interface of calendar and "run" vertically.
Well, I'm not ArchiCAD developer and not software interface engineer. Just a raw idea.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your discussion for this wish! This is very helpful for me to understand exactly the goal of the wish.

I have summarized your ideas and combined them into our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-310). I really hope that our Product Management will consider implementing it in the near future!

Thank you all once more, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Minh
Thanks for the feedback Minh. Always appreciated. BTW... I can see that something has changed in GS's Users Wishlist Reference Number (IDEA-310).

@ Podolsky
I like the idea of a Timeline Bar. Perhaps it could be added to the existent Dialog Box in the Construction Simulation Addon . We sure have derailed the topic , but I would also like to see some automatic layout creation fed by properties... I mean create automatic sets of drawings based on a "Phase" property values. But I think it would be more an AI thing.
Learn and get certified!