BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hierarchical zones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really like a hierarchical structure of zones.

Having a structure like floor->Common Space (stairs elevator)++Appartments
Appartments->Living room+Kitchen+.....

It would be nice to define zones this way so there is no need to create ovelapping zones.
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I think I see what you're after, but can't you do this by setting up RELATED Zone Categories?

1.0 Site
1.1 Hardscape
1.2 Landscape
1.3 Utility

2.0 Living
2.1 etc.

3.0 Apartment
3.1 Apt-Common
3.2 Apt-Living
3.3 Apt-Mech

In your scenario, I suppose you want to be able to lay down an OVERALL zone such as SITE then have BUILDING as a "SUB-ZONE" then "LIVING-ROOM" as the next SUBZONE..Seems to me we are just approaching it in a different manner. Your way would produce un-auditable numbers (where the sub-zones don't equal the Master Zone). Where my way ADDs together related zones to Build or Calc the Master Zone.

I don't have this all figured out, so please continue the discussion.... I am curious.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
Your way would produce un-auditable numbers (where the sub-zones don't equal the Master Zone). Where my way ADDs together related zones to Build or Calc the Master Zone.
The way I see it is that the first option should allow an even better audit of the zones. Say you want to view all the zones of an apartment, or site-related zones (pervious/impervious coverage). Just do the calculation of that particular master-zone and all its sub-zones should be shown.

I think I would prefer the first version, though I'm inching my way over to the second option (since I can't do the first).
Learn and get certified!