Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hot keys for pet palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
I often use SketchUp and work is much faster there because all commands are constantly linked with the hotkeys. In Archicad sometimes you have a situation when there is no hotkey for specific command and the only option is to use pet palette. It slows down a work significantly because you need to move a cursor through the screen. Moreover there is no such commands in the commands list so you can't create your own hotkey settings for them.

My suggestion is to simply give more hotkeys to the pet palette in addition to F and Shift+F.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Not all pet palette options have keyboard shortcuts, but certainly all of the bottom line commands do, (drag, rotate, mirror, stretch, multiply, elevate).

Also there would be an awful lot of shortcuts to remember if there was one for every command.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Not all pet palette options have keyboard shortcuts, but certainly all of the bottom line commands do, (drag, rotate, mirror, stretch, multiply, elevate).

Also there would be an awful lot of shortcuts to remember if there was one for every command.

Barry.
Maybe it's possible to make dynamic shortcuts, so there won't be a lot of new commands. I'll explain what I mean with an image
Barry Kelly
Micnovic wrote:
Maybe it's possible to make dynamic shortcuts, so there won't be a lot of new commands.
Interesting idea.
But another pet palette will have different commands.
So if the shortcut is based on position, then by the time you count and figure out it is 'CTRL+SHIFT+5' then you may as well just press the button on the pet palette.
Or hit the 'F' key five times to move to that button.
You will still need the pet palette open to count to the correct shortcut?

It would be nice though to have some more keyboard shortcuts for at least some of those commands on the top line, so they can be activated without bringing up the pet palette at all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
You can set a shortcut for Fillet / Chamfer but I find it weird that it does not work with the pet palette command so you cannot use it on select corners of a single object...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Zeelrich
Contributor

Hello,

You can move between the next and previous icons in the current pet palette by using F and Shift+F respectively.

Regards,

Windows 10, AC 25