Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

I think Graphisoft takes in consideration users wishes (an unofficial survey for users perception)

leceta
Expert

please, give a "like" to this post if you believe that Graphisoft DOES take into consideration the user's wishes.

OTHERWISE, JUMP TO MY NEXT POST

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

please, give a "like" to this post if you believe that Graphisoft DOES NOT take into consideration the user's wishes.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Solution

please, give a "like" to this post if you believe that Graphisoft DOES NOT take into consideration the user's wishes.

A quick glance through this forum and you'll see quite the contrary. I believe most weight is given to specific requests to large firms with large installations. The small stuff that matters most, especially pointed out here by the most experienced users, aren't usually implemented.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Mjules
Mentor

I have had a wish pending since the release of Archicad 10 to integrate structural features in Archicad 11. For more than 14 years, I have still been waiting for the realization of this wish.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
krysmark
Participant

The best example of Graphisoft "listening" to user wishes is lack of timely support of it's original platform - Mac. 

Still NO support for Apple silicone after a year from introduction!!!

And I'd like to remind everyone that Mac users are still a sizable group of Archicad users - some for more than 3 decades.

(Hi Rex - remember Media5)

leceta
Expert

Thank for your responses. It would be even nicer if you follow the "rules of the game" and give a like to the corresponding post in order to have some quantities... 

thanks

leceta_1-1655628526106.png

c'mon then vote the second post, PLEASE

leceta_0-1655632338662.png

Graphisoft is too slow to take users' wishes into consideration. If the company took my wishes regarding structural features into consideration after releasing Archicad 10, nowadays, the company would have been in a better position on the global market as a complete BIM software for architects and engineers to work together, and then focuses on the future challenges like sustainable designs' features that we really need now to cope with the climate change. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

@Rex Maximilian When this has happened, it causes a cumulative delay in software development that is equivalent to about 20 years compared to the millennium objectives in terms of features that could improve the design process.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

I am soooo tired of Archicad 25 being slow on my M1 Max chip MacBook Pro. There's such a lag between clicks. Sometimes it causes the wrong thing to be selected, especially pet palette icons and "copy" + commands when performing transformations. M1 silicone has been out for almost two years now. It seems Graphisoft is catering only to specific demands of large firms with large installations, and ignoring the smaller firms who got them to where they are.

Back in the 90s when we had reseller meetings, those of us who were more technically savvy with the software would have a forum with the developers and sometimes a one-on-one discussion with Tamas. Items brought up during these interactions "always" resulted in features being added. The days of developing software for their core users are unfortunately over.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System