BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

I think Graphisoft takes in consideration users wishes (an unofficial survey for users perception)

leceta
Expert

please, give a "like" to this post if you believe that Graphisoft DOES take into consideration the user's wishes.

OTHERWISE, JUMP TO MY NEXT POST

22 REPLIES 22

@Rex Maximilian shortcut commands not being immediately responsive has been mentioned randomly here over several months by Intel Mac users as well.   This just began happening for me as well... was fine up until the last time I launched AC 25... then cmd-T just wouldn't bring up the settings dialog for a selected element anymore, or at least unless I just held the shortcut for what seemed like forever.  Ended up faster to use the right-click context menu or to double click the element icon in the Toolbar, neither of which is as instant as cmd-T used to be.  No idea why this is happening for Intel and M1 ... and for different versions of MacOS, since I'm still on Big Sur and you M1 folks are on Monterey.  Has to be some core change/glitch in Archicad.  I have no extensions loaded on my Mac, so another program cannot be intercepting the shortcut keys.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

You're right, that lag has been a nuisance for a while. But it really seemed to intensify in the lag factor once I went from my Intel iMac to the M1 Max laptop. It's like adding the Rosetta 2 go-between added another layer of lag.

I see how programs like Twinmotion which is even further removed from being native screams on my M1. I can't think of another software utilizing Rosetta 2 that has a more noticeable issue than Archicad. It just burns me that they increased the fee for ArchiPLUS, and it STILL won't be native... unless I'm mistaken and 26 will be native for Apple Silicone.

Even the forum here isn't Mac friendly as we need Chrome to fully utilize it instead of the native browser Safari. Just more indications that Mac development is last on the boards.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

The most frustrating thing is when I go to choose to extend an edge from the pet palette and it ALWAYS chooses the radius tool because the click is delayed and clicks where the palette moves to after you click. MADDENING!

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

I can understand your frustration!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

Announced elsewhere, that a Preview version of AC 26 native to Apple ARM chips will be available later this year.  Perhaps they'll give a more specific time frame when AC 26 is announced.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@krysmark I just saw your last sentence! Did we work together at MFL?

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Nader Belal
Mentor

I believe that Graphisoft's behaviour for considering users wishes are simply erratic to non considering, and I did not write that down lightly, for example (ordered from the least to most important) :

1. Average function in GDL 
    This is a post requesting an Average function in GDL (which is surprisingly is missing), while it's almost available by default in all computer languages that I'm aware of.
    So the question is, is it soo difficult to make the Average Function available in GDL ??
  2. Forum
    Before implementing this new Forum as "Community", we as users were asked for ideas, and I asked to go with Discourse platform, and implement the same options and organization idea as McNeel have implemented for its community forum, and we got this.
    Don't get me wrong, this one is defiantly an improvement to what we had before, but it doesn't stand against Discourse in practicality, ease, quickness and comfort.
  3. Research Papers
    Many users as I, were surprised to find out that there were many research paper (not white papers) that were presented in different locations around the globe about Archicad and GDL like the following example:
    Uploading research papers about using Archicad GDL 
    To make myself clear, I'm not talking about comparative studies between different BIM programs and capabilities, I´m talking about research papers that are and were opening new horizons and fields.
    So I remember asking Graphisoft in this forum to provide a repository were we as users can upload those papers & studies to make them available for all of us, needling-less to say we would demonstrate that Archicad is in fact a serious program to do research with, and it would help other researcher to find those papers quicker and easier beside helping writers to publish, and it would help users to hon their skills.
    So my question, where is it ??
  4. Marketing + Rhino + Grasshopper
    If anyone of you made a simple visit to McNeel's forum on Discord, you would find that: 
    4.1. Archicad users do ask questions on how to use Rhino+Grasshopper that in reality are Archicad related questions, and there is no Graphisoft representative that is fulfilling those roles, but for Revit, there is no need for that since their users are already filling the gap quiet nicely.
    4.2.Many Grasshopper users do need a BIM platform to translate their design from Grasshopper to BIM documentation and design, and for most of them, Archicad would be the perfect fit, so where is the marketing representative that can drive those users to consider and test Archicad !!!
  5. Rhino + Grasshopper
    Although the direct connection plugin have improved in the last few years, it is still lagging. I even suspect that Graphisoft has no real interest to improve it, just have a look around in this forum at least.
  6. GDL Learning
    The best place to learn GDL, is "The GDL Cookbook" by David A. Nicholson-Cole. A 22 years old book !
  7. GDL Reference Manual
    The tl;dr of this post Questioning about manuals ?  is that there are things that are missing, from Archicad's GDL Manual, and it should be included or explained in a different/better ways for all users.
    Long story short, I got this reply: Thank you for your suggestions regarding the GDL Manual 
    Capture.PNG

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

True. I never saw the second post. That's why I commented on this one.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

@Nader Belal 
"Don't get me wrong, this one is defiantly an improvement to what we had before"
- - -

I would. respectfully disagree. While it's a nice looking forum, it is a major setback to the easy navigation and participation of the old one. It's like a maze at times. Plus, Mac users need to use a third party browser to edit our comments (like Chrome). It leaves a lot to be desired.

We've BEGGED Graphisoft for a structural hierarchy of topics like the previous one as an alternate interface, but they won't even consider it.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Learn and get certified!