BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

I want to be able to place a live section in a section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are some thoughts.

1. We use the section tool in plan, to make our elevations (interior of bathroom, for example) Then we would like to have a section marker showing a cut through the cabinet/closet/potty showing how the thing is built.

But since the section tool only works in plan, we need to use the Detail tool for this, and actually place (2) detail markers: One with the bubble around the closest possible view to the detail, the second detail that references the first with the Detail Part Marker NCS showing the section cut on the elevation.

But wouldn't it be v. cool to just place the desired section marker right in the elevation, and have it show a live cut of the model?

2. While we're at it, why not give the detail tool the flexibility to reference other things like sections, jpgs, html files rather than just other details.

3. Since i'm asking for so much, i'd like to put a detail in a detail. I'm sure i'm not the first to ask for this...

Thanks.

Nathan
1 REPLY 1
TomWaltz
Participant
I'm pretty sure all these requests are already here on the list somewhere. You might be better to find them and vote for them than starting your own (even though I agree with all of these)
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!