Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

I wish I had a smaller dongle.

Gus
Newcomer
My dongle is too big.
I wish I had a dongle that was flush (or as close to flush as possible) with my laptop.
I have a dongle for another application that is flush, which allows me to move my laptop in and out of it's carrying case without having to remove the dongle.
Flush dongle means you don't need to remove it all the time, especially when working on the go as I usually am.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Any reason for not switching to the Software License option and ditching the dongle altogether?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gus
Newcomer
I thought about doing that. Can I still run the software if there is no internet near me if I do that?
Madison WI
Eduardo Rolon
You should ask your reseller to make sure but I think that is the way it works. My ideal setup would be to have the software license with the dongle as a backup if something goes wrong with the SL.
My recommendation is that if you don't change computers then SL is a good option if you switch between Desktop and laptop then dongle might be easier.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gus
Newcomer
Also, there are problems with the internet based license. It is more difficult to move it from one computer to another. A dongle is an easy physical movement if one switches computers. I do this occasionally. It seems the best of both worlds would be the convenience of the dongle, without the cumbersome size of the dongle. It seems like the dongle could be very small and still be effective.
Madison WI
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gus wrote:
Also, there are problems with the internet based license. It is more difficult to move it from one computer to another. A dongle is an easy physical movement if one switches computers. I do this occasionally. It seems the best of both worlds would be the convenience of the dongle, without the cumbersome size of the dongle. It seems like the dongle could be very small and still be effective.
Wibu systems already has nano models of the CmStick it is just that GS is not using them. I don't know the reason why. I've already asked the local distributor and got a negative answer.