Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

IDs for Surfaces

Josh Verran
Expert
It would be great if there was an ability to add an ID to the surface names, similar to how building materials can have an ID.

It would be used in scenarios like auto-text labels, keys/legends etc.

An example would be:
P1 = paint red
P2 = paint blue
P3 = paint yellow
etc

An auto-text label could then be used on plans to annotate the wall linings, finish etc.
Eg: L1 / P2 / F1

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Similar kind of wish, but for Composites and Profiles..

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59570&p=278646&hilit=composite#p278646

You should add a poll to your post.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it in the future as Wish #12679). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Pink Projects
Newcomer
This is something that I've also spoken directly to Graphisoft NA about. The simple addition of some parameters (ID, etc) to surfaces would be a game-changer. Really hope to see this implemented soon.
jl_lt
Ace
It would definitely be a step closer to a complete anotation (and maybe keynoting) system within the Archicad environment. Hope it happens.