BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

IFC Import/Export - Layer Mapping

owen
Newcomer
Simple wish - the ability to define Layer maps in the IFC Translator settings as you can in the DWG Translator.

We need more control than just the current options of appending an extension (e.g .MEP) to the consultants layers or placing everything on a single new layer.

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not just layers! We need full (2D) attribute mapping, just like DWG translation and then some.

Then we could actually integrate our consultants model instead of this underachieving 'reference model' that GS has in place.

That's the biggest catch-up to our Autodesk brethren IMHO.

Cheers,
Link.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
............... which of you have forgotten to vote
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
owen
Newcomer
I agree with Link .. I think the more control the better (e.g Material mapping would be great too)

and i did (for once) remember to vote in my own poll
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Rod wrote:
............... which of you have forgotten to vote
That's what you get for responding to ArchiCAD-Talk on your iPhone while re-sharing a teamwork project and juggling 5 user requests all at the same time!

Essential!

Cheers,
Link.
Paul King
Advisor
Auto story assignment mapping for all elements should also be a big part of this, so that a diagonal brace with geometry on the 23rd and 24th floors does not show up in the basement floor plan
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!