Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

IfcFooting conversion into Archicad elements

GOBA
Booster
I would like that IfcFooting (FOOTING_BEAM and PAD_FOOTING) would be converted into beams and slabs, in ArchiCAD, instead than into objects. As @LaszloNagy has told me in this post (https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=305368#p305368), may be there’s a reason that justifies this conversion. If there is such reason, I would like to know it, because it would help to accept the limitation!
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
13 REPLIES 13
runxel
Legend
GOBA wrote:
Is there a solution, in ArchiCAD, or in the IFC file, to solve this?

Since we are in the Wishlist, if there’s no solution, I would like specific tools to model footings.
Nah, please not another tool for this. (It most probably doesn't even help in this situation.)

I think the solution was quite clear here: IFC just needs to stuff more info into the footing, so any software could rebuild it internally on import.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
GOBA
Booster
runxel wrote:
I think the solution was quite clear here: IFC just needs to stuff more info into the footing, so any software could rebuild it internally on import.
Maybe it’s as you say, but, I’m sorry, I just don’t see it as clear as you do. Has anybody identified the specific problem? Does anybody know what’s the missing info, so IFC can be improved? Maybe, there’s no solution.
AC24, Windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi GOBA,

Thank you for your question. Considering the IFC format, I can see the point to why we may need to have a dedicated tool for this. I have entered a new wish into our WishList database (please refer to it as #12633). I hope that the Product Management team might consider it in a future version.

Thank you very much! I wish you all a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

GOBA
Booster
Hi Minh,

Thank you very much!

Regards,

GOBA