Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Importing PNG files

sezgigoktepe
Contributor

Hello everyone.

I think it would be great to have an opacity slider for imported images like png files or jpeg files, not just greyscale/original/b&w. Also, a png file when imported comes directly with a white background renders the png file meaningless. And when you check the transparent background box to eliminate the white background, you now have a white contour on the png image...

I would definitely benefit from saving the wasted time doing these things elsewhere.

I'd love to know if some of you are facing similar issues or have possible solutions in Archicad.

You can see in the file attached how the white contour looks like. 

ss01.png
4 REPLIES 4
ryejuan
Advisor

have you tried using the 2d trees in the object libraries?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Thanks for replying @ryejuan 

I have tried it... From a design perspective some of the trees in the object libraries don't reflect what we're going for the projects we're working on.

I only used the tree image as an example, the image could be anything from a sketch I'd like to draw over for reference, or any other object or a custom background (I know how to use the hatch/pattern tool for achieving this as well). I'm just saying it would be a nice option to have it over there and use it when necessary.

Eric Milberger
Advocate

Very Good Idea

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner

Thank you Eric! @Eric Milberger