BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Improve ArchiGlazing

Anonymous
Not applicable
IMHO ArchiGlazing is far from finished. It would be great it would be made possible to draft a windowshape in 2D on the floorplan using different pennumbers or linetypes like in Trussmaker. If a multipanel shaped window is drafted, one should be able to assing a paneltype to every part of the window. Wether it is a solid panel, a moving windowframe or solid glass etc.
Furthermore it is desireable to be able to choose a certain silltype.
All these parts could of course be localized if required. ArchiGlazing is too basic at the moment to really be productive. In regard of this, it would be logical that, when a non-square window is constructed on the floorplan using slabs, the outer shape of the window is used to generate the wallhole instead of having to add slabs to "fill the holes" in order to make a rectangular shape.
7 REPLIES 7
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Anonymous
Not applicable
hallo every body ....

-i start working with archicad.10, but i have a problem with archiglazing

can any body please guide me ...

Malek
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laurens wrote:
IMHO ArchiGlazing is far from finished. It would be great it would be made possible to draft a windowshape in 2D on the floorplan using different pennumbers or linetypes like in Trussmaker. If a multipanel shaped window is drafted, one should be able to assing a paneltype to every part of the window. Wether it is a solid panel, a moving windowframe or solid glass etc.
Furthermore it is desireable to be able to choose a certain silltype.
All these parts could of course be localized if required. ArchiGlazing is too basic at the moment to really be productive. In regard of this, it would be logical that, when a non-square window is constructed on the floorplan using slabs, the outer shape of the window is used to generate the wallhole instead of having to add slabs to "fill the holes" in order to make a rectangular shape.
.....and integrate it into the main proramme, why should we have to pay for these "extras" when the software costs £3000.
TomWaltz
Participant
I've always been a little fuzzy on this.... what does Archiglazing do that you cannot accomplish just making your own window object out of slabs?
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
TomWaltz wrote:
I've always been a little fuzzy on this.... what does Archiglazing do that you cannot accomplish just making your own window object out of slabs?
I think mainly it facilitates the creation of complex geometries (see attached), and would be handy for any firm (like ours) that utilizes a lot of storefront and curtain wall in their designs (superior to the standard AC library objects, anyway). Really need the ability to designate different panel types, tho (as Laurens suggests).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Andy Thomson
Advisor
A smart way to integrate frames and mullions with custom profiles would be welcome too, I'm quite sure - not to mention some way to govern stretchy behavior
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shall we make a separate poll for the integration of ArchiGlazing into AC?
Learn and get certified!