Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Improved Layer System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, after working on a few mid size, but very complex projects, I feel the need of having some more power in the layers in general.
Because I did not wanted to make a wish for each one I rather put this as one wish of improving the layers. Here are some of the improvements I wish:
1- When setting priorities number, you have to go and change it in each of the layer combinations. I think the priority number should be set the same for each layer combination, I have never need it to be different in the layer combinations.(I don't say someone else does). It would be good if we can set the number in the same dialog where we first name the layer when create it and make it the same for all layers combination, and only if needed you can change it later in a specific layer combination.

2- Adding the option of "no plot" to a layer. In my workflow I have two sections that are for working and I move them around the model, and sometimes I forget to move them out of the model to print or publish, and I have to re print or re publish again. And sometimes I have some annotations in the model that are only for me as a reminder of things I have to do, but I don't want to print those annotations, so I have to do a new layer for them, but in order to see them I need to go to a working layers combination or, again, I have to move them out of the way when printing or publishing.

3- Would like to set layers for specific tools only, for example the layer, Wall Exterior, will be available only for the wall, shell and Morph tool. This will shorten the pop up list of layers a lot and make things easier and simpler to work.(And I know how to short the pop up layer list by locking layers). Imaging that you are annotating your project and you choose the text tool or dimension tool, and when chosing a layer you will only see layers assigned for annotations instead of the long list.

4- A dock-able Layer palette that could work together with the quick layer palette, with the option of updating layer combinations, turning layers off and on, etc.

I think these improvements can speed up our everyday work. This are just my ideas, but it can be better.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
1 and 4 needed
Eduardo Rolon
frankyvero wrote:
1 and 4 needed
I think number 1 can already be done using attribute manager in AC22
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator