BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Increase the number of available Reference Levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
This would make working with multiple split levels, on the same story, easier. I'd set a reference level for each floor slab level.

At the moment, with only 3 reference levels, really only one is available for use, as one is usually set to Sea Level, and another to Project Zero.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add and remove as many reference levels as I need.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
What kind of drawings would you want to annotate relative to more than Seal Level, Datum, or Project Zero ?
For instance:
If you want your model to be useful for construction purposes (and not only for producing design drawings) then you have to model each floor referenced to the structural slab height (everything above slab height belongs to that floor), but you also want to produce drawings referenced to the floor finished height (for instance, the height of the window sills, or the ceiling, are documented relating to the floor finish). So, you have some plan views where you want to show heights of elements of each floor referenced to the structural slab (which is build first) and then you have other elements that have to be referenced to the floor finish height.
That means that you need, at least, a reference level for each floor.
10 years later, nothing in sight?
please, please, please
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
runxel
Legend
A free number of reference levels would be so great.
Plus the ability to actually reference them from everywhere!
This would make so many things easier.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Could this become part of a bigger clean-up of Reference Levels and Storey Levels. Something that would accommodate more complex buildings - split levels, multi-tower buildings or things like below-grade parking levels that span more than one storey (e.g. a corkscrew ramped structure).

Maybe Storey Levels that are secondary, or levels inherited from hotlinks.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
galiaf_velikiy
Booster
11 years... WE NEEEEEED THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS, GUYS!!!!! PLEEEEASE
It would be interesting to have traditional floor levels of reference to create plans, and other levels that are only for reference to "jam" construction elements to them, choosing a classification for each level, and choosing whether or not we want to see them in an elevation view.
vdentello
Advocate
Sub-levels that are related and not independent from main levels wold be great.

It's a pain to make everything on structure level and consider this FFL manually on every ceiling, window, non-full height walls...

1 - Relate Slabs to FFL height. (to model screed/ finishes or ceilings)
2 - Relate Window/Door sill to FFL.
3 - Having a global like GLOB_CSTORY_ELEV which could be GLOB_CSTORY_FFL, readable by tags.
4 - Being able to show a second dashed line on sections/ elevations, which would be FFL.

By having such thing as GLOB_CSTORY_FFL we woudn't have to manually input it on every window/ door.
A 2,40 ceiling wouldn't have to be at 2,45 for example. Leaving no margin for errors.

I even did a tag to solve this myself. Native level won't solve most cases.

You can set it with an MVO to solve different views.

@Minh?
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
jl_lt
Ace
This one of those "i dont know how we have survived without this" essential wishes, and the single thing i envy from Revit the most (along with groups and the ability to attach elements to other elements)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Multiple reference levels would be a practical solution also for placing associative elevation dimensions in case of hotlinked files. Or maybe I dont know enough about the program yet ?

We are currenlty in the first stages of moving to archicad and generally design projects with multiple blocks. We gather the blocks in one file using hotlink for site plan, elevation and section purposes. Every block has an individual project zero in relation to the sea level and we need to place the dimension levels according to each blocks individual project zero (multiple 0 levels in one section/elevation). Currently we set elevation dimensions origin to user origin for each block separately. But in case of a change in elevation of the blocks, we need to select each blocks dimensions individually and rearrange their relative user origin manually. Defining a reference level for each blocks elevation dimensions origin would speed up this process.
The only thing that graphisoft should do is something as simple as allowing decimal numbers in the floor number, it that would solve most of the reference problems.
Learn and get certified!