Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the number of available Reference Levels

peter_h
Newcomer
This would make working with multiple split levels, on the same story, easier. I'd set a reference level for each floor slab level.

At the moment, with only 3 reference levels, really only one is available for use, as one is usually set to Sea Level, and another to Project Zero.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add and remove as many reference levels as I need.
Pete,
Wellington, New Zealand.
Win10pro x64, AC 23 Student.
Intel Xenon E31235 Quad 3.2GHz, 16GB, Nvidia GFX670, 4 x multi-monitor setup, 3dconnexion SpaceExplorer.
22 REPLIES 22

DGSketcher
Mentor
Archicad has a way to do what you want for Elevation Levels using the User Origin. Go to your section / elevation, add your required elevation level dimensions. Place the user origin at the required height, then select the level dimensions you want to change and in the drop down for the Dimension Origin select Current User Origin. The selected elevation dimension levels will now be displayed relative to that point.

These are the relevant links to AC help files ...
https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/#t=_AC24_Help%2F070_Documentation%2F070_Documentation-46.htm&r...

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/#t=_AC24_Help%2F030_Interaction%2F030_Interaction-23.htm&rhsea...
Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

Tomek Piatek
Contributor
In my opinion the best way to implement this is to add the "is reference" property to the level object. Then you can make any level a reference level.

---
ArchiCAD 23
Windows 10 Pro

Israel de Quevedo
Contributor
Tomek wrote:
In my opinion the best way to implement this is to add the "is reference" property to the level object. Then you can make any level a reference level.
It is a very simple way to solve this problem, separate reference levels from the floor story.
I don't understand why Graphisoft doesn't implement it.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!