Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Increase the number of available Reference Levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
This would make working with multiple split levels, on the same story, easier. I'd set a reference level for each floor slab level.

At the moment, with only 3 reference levels, really only one is available for use, as one is usually set to Sea Level, and another to Project Zero.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add and remove as many reference levels as I need.
23 REPLIES 23
DGSketcher
Legend
Archicad has a way to do what you want for Elevation Levels using the User Origin. Go to your section / elevation, add your required elevation level dimensions. Place the user origin at the required height, then select the level dimensions you want to change and in the drop down for the Dimension Origin select Current User Origin. The selected elevation dimension levels will now be displayed relative to that point.

These are the relevant links to AC help files ...
https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/#t=_AC24_Help%2F070_Documentation%2F070_Documentation-46.htm&r...

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/#t=_AC24_Help%2F030_Interaction%2F030_Interaction-23.htm&rhsea...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Professor Pickle
Advocate
In my opinion the best way to implement this is to add the "is reference" property to the level object. Then you can make any level a reference level.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Tomek wrote:
In my opinion the best way to implement this is to add the "is reference" property to the level object. Then you can make any level a reference level.
It is a very simple way to solve this problem, separate reference levels from the floor story.
I don't understand why Graphisoft doesn't implement it.
J_Tucks
Booster

Ten years on and no development. Would be a great addition. 

ARCHICAD 25 - Mac OS Monterey - MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16gb DDR3