BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Install from Standard user

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can Grapisoft please allow a standard user to install the Archicad program and just ask for the Administrator Name and Password!!!!? I am tired of trying install and saying the application folder is locked. Of course it is... it is for administrator use only... but allow a user to ask the administrator to type in their name and password and all will be OK. As it is now I have to move the program that is downloaded to the users desktop to a shared folder and re-log in as an Administrator.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Does the Application installer control that? I thought the OS did.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
Millard wrote:
Can Grapisoft please allow a standard user to install the Archicad program and just ask for the Administrator Name and Password!!!!? I am tired of trying install and saying the application folder is locked. Of course it is... it is for administrator use only... but allow a user to ask the administrator to type in their name and password and all will be OK. As it is now I have to move the program that is downloaded to the users desktop to a shared folder and re-log in as an Administrator.
keep an up-to-date installation on the server. use fast user switching to jump into admin and just drag'n'drop the install across . . .

easy maintenance . . . easy to distribute . . . mac-only!

(tom - the OSX installer might . . . but graphisoft have to be awkward and use a badly behaved java installer because of their bloody nonsensical multi-platform 'policy' . . . doh!)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!