BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Interactive Schedules formatting

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
this is a wish that tries to unify all wishes about the new format of schedules. We need to have broader options for manipulating a schedule like:
1.more freedom with creating customised sums,
2.multilevel flagged items,
3.formatting based on a field itself as opposed to a field category formatting only,
4.possibility to add any customised text next to calculated one within one field (typically an area unit next to calculated number),
5.placing (copy/paste) graphical data (images) into fields,
6.unlimited 'dummy' or Custom Text fields,
7.'Duplicate' button for schemes
8. scaled opening views
9. possibility to dimension drawn objects in fields
10. horizontal alignment for fields (top/center/bottom)
11. extending the sum function to another logic (simple) functions like multiply, divide, subtract etc

this way the OLE technology would not be missed by pc users at all, I recon
::rk
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Don't forget linewrap for longer cell contents
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I think your list, and Tom's suggestion covers everything I can think of. I would add however scaling of 2D view of elements (larger/smaller, as if they were drawings, which they are!), and a few simple arithmetic functions, such as subtract, divide, multiply...

If it could do that, and some of the other functions on your list, I could pretty much delete excel from my machine. That being said, I think the new schedules are awesome - almost. 😉
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Zeelrich
Contributor

Two thumbs up for unlimited 'dummy' or Custom Text fields.

Windows 10, AC 25

You can create as many properties as you want. Make them "String" Data Type, make them available for the Classifications of your intended element types, and you can use them and modify them in schedules.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!