BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Intermediate Story Levels in Section-Elevation

gpowless
Advocate
I love the new Story Levels marker in AC10 but am often plagued with having to dimension offset, floors, soffits, window heads, stepped footings etc. in sections. I would be extremely efficient and accurate if we could add additional non-linked level markers in individual sections or elevations. A small refinement with a huge impact, IMO.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the Elevation method of the basic Dimension tool do what you want?
gpowless
Advocate
No, not really. It is a bit more clumsy and I think we would be better off if we could define a level - say window heads (in the same manner as choosing a reference level) and have it appear on all of our sections, or not. What interested me was showing a typical garage section and only having the ability to automatically show the 1st storey level. In this case it would be nice to be able to show the garage slab level without having to play with the storey definitions....
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with this being a very important add. However, I think the main reason for this is to address situations where you have a split level type of building. Either a split-level house, or a commercial building that's situated on a sloping site, and where split levels are desirable.

I realize that there could be some "fake" levels shown (lines, dims, etc.) as a workaround, but an automatic one would be better.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!