Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Internet E-validation - No Dongle!

archislave
Enthusiast
To me this is one of the most important things. Most modern applications use an electronic validation method such as: Sketchup, Revit, Autocad etc.

Graphisoft is very backward on this issue and all it does is cause difficulty for those who choose to be legal. I have almost and have forgotten my key when rushing out for a meeting or a weekend...
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
10 REPLIES 10
archislave
Enthusiast
"My view is simple: the movie studios are seeking to drastically curtail or even eliminate the concept of fair use. They are doing this by pressuring the hardware companies into implementing DRM technology which is much more rigid and secure than any that has come before. AACS is the primary DRM technology, and it is downright nasty. Even worse the studios will retain control over how and where you can play your movies even after they have your money. Check out the HDBoycott.com page for much more information, and just say no. I know we all want better image quality, but this is not a good way to get it."

That was a quote from someone against new DRM restrictions of media you have bought. I tend to be on the side of the content creators and the need to protect their investment. However, media DRM seems very generous compared to Graphisoft's policy. What if you bought a DVD and wanted to take it to a friends house to watch, but had to unplug a dongle from the dvd player to take with you... Or plug in the dongle from your home dvd player to your laptop to watch on a trip.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan