Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Isolate parts of plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish for the ability to isolate a portion of a plan as a view as you would with a section or elevation. This would be handy for internal 1:50 plans where you only want to show the bathroom and add dimensions without them overlapping the surrounding plan. Also when you have a large drawing being able to split it over several pages and have the dimensions outside the drawings, not above the surrounding plan. You can't use details for this as the plan may change and you don't want to have to re-dimension every time you update the view. Currently we have to have 1 view for the plan and 1 for the dimensions and overlap them in the layout which it annoying and time-consuming.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You can do it now with worksheets or details.
They can be placed as an irregular shape or they can be edited to any shape (so long as the 'Marker Range' button in on-screen options is turned on).

You can set them to 'Copy construction elements only' which means they won't copy the plan 2D annotation at all.
Or you can use layers to turn on/off the annotation.

They are not a 100% live view (which is why I personally don't use them) but you can open them, right mouse click and 'Rebuild from source view'.

So you can have your cropped room view and then annotate around it in the actual worksheet or detail at whatever scale you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I see - any dimensions you add are not associated to the plan elements.
You have the choice to delete them or make them static upon rebuild.

Another reason I see not to use them.

The overlapping of layouts is really quite easy and this id the method I prefer.

But you can have an irregularly shaped crop view for a detail or worksheet if that was part of your wish.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
yuryuymanov
Booster

this is really missing! Think about it every time I have to do joinery details. I trying to work in fully automatic BIM, but some necessary things to do it are not present in Archicad still. So I have to create a lot of additional layers and layers combinations. This is VERY uncomfortable, but no any other way...