BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Isolating specific elements from a layer in plan view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know , in Archicad it is not possible to isolate (to show) only the elements that are selected in plan view and not all the elements that belong to the same layer.
More exactly, if I select some lines in plan view that belong to the layer named LINES I don't want to see other lines that I didn't select and that are also in the layer LINES.
Actually if it is possible to achieve this in perspective view, why should it be difficult to do it in plan view..

I hope you agree..
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You must be using Revit as Isolate is a Revit feature.
But you are correct, it is possible in the 3D Window but not possible in the Floor Plan. In Floor Plan, when a Layer is visible, all elements on that Layer are visible.
I guess the whole rationale behind Layers is that you create Layers based on what groups of elements you want to see and not see together. So in ArchiCAD you would solve this with Layers.
But I understand your point that it is sometimes handy to be able to show only the specific elements you are interested in without the visual interference of other elements on the same Layer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
alemanda
Advocate
I usually move those elements on the same plan in an empty area, I work on them without conflicting with other elements, and move them back on their original position ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

I agree that this option would be useful in many occasions, I have added it to our wishlist.

With the current version you could also try to move the selected elements to a new layer to show them separately from the other - not selected - elements. To do this the easiest way try to use the Edit Selection Set dialog (it can be activated with the hammer button on the left side of the layer list roll down menu when elements are selected).

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!