Currently it's possible to associate a railing to a slab or stair edge. Some other options would be nice:
- Associating with wall geometry
- Associating with an opening. Currently it's not possible to associate a railing with a hole in the slab that's cut by an opening for example.
- Associating with beams and snapping to column points.
- Associating with roof edges as well being able to have a railing start, and end on any point of a roof and follow roof curvature.
- As with roofs above but with shells.
- As with roofs above but with meshes. I think this will be tricky given how meshes aren't really "curved" but some approximation might be useful for modeling fences following terrain.
Revit has much of this functionality but I think AC's is better in the long-run in that the railing doesn't act as a "gravity" and the reference line can self-overlap on different levels.