Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Japanese Shadow Study Tool to be Available for All ArchiCAD Users

we design buildings that impact the environment beyond the property line. And whether an Authority Having Jurisdiction impels us to show how we've mitigated that impact, or, we just think it good commonsensical design thinking, we attempt to comply.

For almost twenty years, a Graphisoft subsidiary has distributed a tool to make one aspect of that environmental impact assessment - overshadowing - an easy task and part of a standard design workflow. It's from Japan, it's an add-on and it's called Shadow Planner.

http://www.howtousearchicad.com/?p=2208

In this 30th year of ArchiCAD BIM, I'd like to propose that GSHQ recompile this tool for ArchiCAD 19, localize at least to the point where the interface is in English and make it available as part of the other 21 localized versions of the tool.

Overshadowing for the rest of us. For the good of our design souls, our better nature and the people who live in the cities we serve.

Bence Kovács. Please share this tool.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
9 REPLIES 9
Keep voting everybody! Lots of votes for this wish. Let's get this done!
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
BUMP!
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Adding my bump to yours, Aaron. Please vote folks! 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
zarmenas
Newcomer
Bump
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 from me
Glad to see I'm not the only Bumper. Are there any other Japanese API Goodies we should be lobbying for? Kajima? Nikken Sensei?
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

There's another thread about this add-on with a link (sorry haven't looked it up again). I was able to download it and install it on v26. There's a manual, but the whole think is Japanese. Hope to clear some time to spend some time with it.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Botonis
Advisor

Is it so difficult to be translated?????

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Botonis
Advisor

+1

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.