Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Keyboard toggle for "Absolute/Relative"

Anonymous
Not applicable
A keyboard shortcut to toggle "Absolute/Relative" coordinate setting!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe you can do this already!

In ArchiCAD, go to Options > Work Environment > Keyboard Shortcuts

Arrange the list of commands in alphabetical order, scroll down to 'Relative Coordinates in Tracker' and assign an unused shortcut key to it. This will actually affect both the tracker and the coordinates palette.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't work for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong, when I use that key, nothing happens
Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly, make sure you are not trying to change it in the middle of a command.

To check it works, turn on the coordinates palette (Window > Palettes > Coordinates) and see if the triangles to the left hand side of the numbers change when you press the keyboard shortcut.

If it doesn't, double check the keyboard settings again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not working. In your coordinates window, does your "Absolute/Relative" coordinate button, to the left of the coordinate entry boxes, change (from on to off) when you press your shortcut?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the triangles are highlighted like a button when relative, and plain when absolute. Repeatedly pressing the keyboard shortcut should cause them to flash on and off.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Apparently I was modifying the shortcuts for a different "scheme" than the active one. Whew - Free upgrade!
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish all our other wishes were granted so easily!