Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

LEVEL DIMENSION THAT WILL WORK ON ANY ELEMENTS IN PLAN

Dendarii
Booster
Could we please have a Level Dimension for plan which works on any visible elements/surfaces which the cursor is placed over.

The current element tool is very limited as it won't recognize SEO's, morph surfaces, complex profiles, library parts etc.

For example we may model parapets with a complex profile flashing, or SEO, or Morph - we then cannot tag the top levels on our plans.
Architect

Archicad user since 2001
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1

I'm also searching for a workaround - it makes sense to integrate it!
Podolsky
Ace
Totally agree! Level dimension actually was not updated ages. And also level dimension must have option to choose to project zero or sea level before placing a dimension, not after, how it happens now.
Mike96
Advocate

Great ideas, this has to be done.

I am now struggling with marking simple beams with basic rectangular profiles. The level dimension totally ignores them.

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10

Have you tried the elevation label.

Works for most elements in plan and elevation.

BarryKelly_0-1681372344893.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dendarii
Booster

I have tried the elevation label, it can recognise a few more of the tool types, but it only provides the 'top bounding box' elevation of the overall element - that would ok for items with a singular flat top surface like a flat slab or square beams. 

See below the outcome of tagging elements (wall, complex wall, opening) - 50% of the labels are incorrect - it is broken, and dangerous to use for construction documentation.   

Level label.JPG

Architect

Archicad user since 2001
Mike96
Advocate

Yeah, it should be something like you're placing a hotspot in 3D, so its Z coordinate is not ambiguous, and you can see the representation of that hotspot in floor plan view, with its Z coordinate value attached.

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10