Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

LOCK SUN AND CAMERA

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need a lock button between sun and camera in parallel projection settings.
Because I usually have to change the position of the sun to see the building. If the sun fallow the camera while navigating in 3D, it will help alot. Also in ac 10 I need it more in walking through mode.
7 REPLIES 7
Chazz
Enthusiast
I've often wished for something like this. Raising the sun angle helps in certain situations but no doubt: moving the sun around manually so I can see my model makes me feel a little silly.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Dwight
Newcomer
I support this wish.

I expect it to become #15065 on the list of low-priority things to do in Budapest on rainy weekends.

In the meantime, put three manual suns in the sky separated by 120 degrees.

or:

use skylight lamp to make a shadow-casting yet overcast feeling that will be more authentic that a locked sun.
Dwight Atkinson
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I expect it to become #15065 on the list of low-priority things to do in Budapest on rainy weekends.
🙂 Yes - GS please lock them.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you get the view you want and the sun angle you want, save in viewsets for future use. Sun angle etc. is saved with the view.
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
Once you get the view you want and the sun angle you want, save in viewsets for future use. Sun angle etc. is saved with the view.
doesn't help when working in the 3D window and you're looking for a uniform light angle whichever direction you look at the building from.

fantastic idea. and not just in parallel projection - locking the sun in relation to the camera is essential for working smoothly in 3D!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Have to check ... but is the Sun moves with viewer not there any more?

Oh ... that is in VR Object ... my memory is going ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
s2art wrote:
doesn't help when working in the 3D window and you're looking for a uniform light angle whichever direction you look at the building from.

~/archiben
True. I usually have ambient light high enough that I can see model adequately from all sides. Use saved views for those important settings.

I'll vote now...
Learn and get certified!