BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Label Tool: #Fill Name

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have used 4x4 Slabs with Cover Fills and the Label Tool to post the name of the fill (#Cover Fill). I would like to do this in a 2D Worksheet with a 2D fill using the Fill Tool. But there is no "#Fill Name" for Autotext Labels. I am requesting the "Fill Name" parameter to be available in the Fill Tool. Type and Category is already available. It is not a high-priority, but it could be added easy, right?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
Create a Building Material with the required fill. You can then change the fill in the 2D worksheet & label it with the Building material name
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4hotshoes
Advisor
DGSketcher wrote:
Create a Building Material with the required fill. You can then change the fill in the 2D worksheet & label it with the Building material name
That is much more work than I want to dedicate for a simple task. I have no desire to create a huge raft of Building Materials that I won't use. I just want to identify a fill. I was thinking of creating a 2D Worksheet to show many of the Fills available that cannot be represented by a tiny icon. Then put this worksheet on the office Template for people to reference to know what fill would be best for their material. Having a label tool ID the Fill Name would be the simple solution. I have no idea why it has no autotext available. It just should.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Learn and get certified!