BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Label and dimension in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time to start up with our wishes for ACX and beyond. GS is listening and I'm thankful for that. It would be great if we could add text, dimensions and notes to a plane in 3d. Maybe even show the 2d vertical section cut in a 3d view. Many times a 3d detail can be much more informative because it shows the context of where the detail is taken. This would also start to lead towards 3d documentation. At first on paper and then electronically.

Mark G
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This type of seeing 2d information was the mainstay of a CAD program, which is no longer in development, called BOA. Also sketchup shows the section planes in 3d a very nice way. Anyway just some thoughs.

Mark G
Andy Thomson
Advisor
3D Cutaway seems like an outdated tool (and difficult to get accuracy in the little preview window) when considering how sketchup behaves, I agree, that would be very cool.

I hate sketchup, but some of the push-pull, follow-me and section behavious, as well as tabbed 3D views and smooth transitions simply rock.

Graphisoft could learn a lot from the folks at @last! Why does this Mickey mouse software do so many cool things, where ArchiCad is still, well, ArchiCad??

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!