Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Label that can make a live reference to a view or drawing on a layout

gdford
Advisor
I wish that labels have the ability to make a live reference to a drawing on a layout in a similar way a linked marker can... It is really common to want to make references to other drawing when placing notes and it would be great if the label had a way to do this - Of course a linked marker and be hacked to do this - but this seems like a reasonable thing to do, and every firm i do work for always has drawing references in their genera notes and label notes.
It would also be nice if custom properties could have this feature. That would solve the problem and then the live reference could show up in a schedule!!!!!
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Gary:

See this help file for using Autotext to reference drawings on layouts: Autotext Reference Drawing.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
gdford
Advisor
Hey David - thanks for the information.
I have not noticed the choice for this in the drawing settings.
This process works, and it does maintain a live connection between the label and the drawing so if the drawing moves the label will update. It would be nice if you did not have to travel to the drawing first to set up the process and, but this certainly does work and it lets to add whatever you want directly into the lable with the reference to the drawing. It would save a step if you could just drill down within autotext and find the drawing like you can do with linked markers...

I have been using an elevation marker with the symbol turned off as much as it can be, and then painted white so the remainder does not show. Of course this process requires a label next to label to the reference to describe what the reference is for.

Thank you sir!
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
gdford wrote:
It would be nice if you did not have to travel to the drawing first to set up the process and, but this certainly does work and it lets to add whatever you want directly into the lable with the reference to the drawing. It would save a step if you could just drill down within autotext and find the drawing like you can do with linked markers...
Yes, that way you would not need to set the reference before editing the Label with Autotext.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14