Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layer Sets similar to those in Photoshop

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I didn't see this topic when searched, but I really like the way layers can be organized / grouped as in Photoshop (Layer Sets). How the sets can be collapsed (or all un-collapsed) organizing the layers dialog box. When un-collapsed, the layers can still be sorted by name or extension. Obviously, the order of the list in PS affects the display output, which is not the case in AC. I haven't decided if this would be a good or bad idea, or if it would even work, but I do like it in PS. Maybe it could be useful in AC.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
Scott,

an hierarchical (tree-structurelayer manager (preferably Microstation-like) is an old wish, at least from my side. It would immensely enhance the management of modules and xrefs especially.

However, I don't think it's as good an idea when it comes to Layer Combinations within the master file (the one you're working in), since in Archicad one layer can be part of several different layer combinations at the same time. It would have to be a different kind of layer grouping. But this would make it much easier to manage layers.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thomas Holm wrote:
It would have to be a different kind of layer grouping. But this would make it much easier to manage layers.

Kinda like this maybe:
Layer-Settings-2.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.