BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layer combinataion redefinition/update

Paul King
Advisor
Currently, Layer Combinations can only be updated or redefined by selecting and deselecting layers by name within the layers menu.

It would save so much time & be so much more intuitive if they could also be redefined via directly matching currently displayed layers.

Very often exactly the layers you need displayed for a purpose are identified visually, on the fly, by right mouse click menu using "hide layer" command.

Remembering after the fact all those layer names you adjusted on the fly and duplicating the selection process again within the layer menu is pretty inefficient, and error prone (easy to miss some layers, as not the same visual feedback that you get making selections directly within the working view)
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Paul,

Absolutely

This is a blindingly obvious wish that should have been included in ArchiCAD 5 if not before.

See my post on this
TomWaltz
Participant
Not the first time it's been wished for, but I will gladly vote for it again!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wished many times before with many solutions to it. According to me the best way is with folders, like in Photoshop. Essential!

Keep wishing, guys! Christmas is coming!

Dear Santa, my other Christmas wish is for a 30" widescreen monitor!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, something should be done with this. I am missing the opportunity to change layers in the specific drawing I'm working with in the view map or the the layout book. Say, if I need one plan with the map visible and one plan without, it should be possible to make that happen on the specific drawings. I vote for a change
Learn and get certified!