BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layout Grid - Show but Do Not Print

owen
Newcomer
Can we get an option to display the Layout Grid lines without them printing? Just so we can see and snap to them for alignment, etc even if we don't want them actually showing on the drawings. Just like storey levels in S/Es

Just one of those nice little touches IMO .. not essential but handy nonetheless
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be useful to do this automatically, but I suppose the simplest solution at the moment is to set up the layer combinations to turn off the grid on the output views, and turn it on when working.
owen
Newcomer
Yes very simple solution .. I have a generic construction line layer anyway which they go on, I just like the whole 'visible but do not print' option. Would be good to have this as a layer option actually but that is OT (sure this has been wished for somewhere anyway)

The other option could be using the Grid Options but it is a bit unwieldy and it is global to the Layout environment rather than being Master or Layout specific unlike the Model space where it is View specific .. bit of an anomaly?

Its stuff like this that really wouldn't take long at all to implement but I guess the GS programmers get swamped by other stuff. I think they should have one guy whose only job is to go around picking up all the tiny little wishes that are easy to do and get them done independent of the 'big ticket' feature development. Cleaning up all the little loose ends that get bumped down the priority list would really make for a more polished program i think.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The obvious workaround until your wish is granted (AC18 probably) is to save a view with only gridlines visible and "show as trace reference"
Learn and get certified!