Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Layout Layer Overrides

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes there is just one layer that needs to be switched off and currently you need to make a new layer combination to do that. Maybe it would be usefull to have some sort of layer override system for special cases for each layout? or for each view? it could be an option inside the view settings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
So. Basically you are exchanging a Layer Combo to a "Layer Override", right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No it could be a simple override. You keep your layer combo but on top of that check an extra layer or two
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think its a good idea. In the end we would just have another level of complexity over, Layers, Layer Combos, Renovation Filters, Partial Structure display...
runxel
Legend
Braza wrote:
I don't think its a good idea. In the end we would just have another level of complexity over, Layers, Layer Combos, Renovation Filters, Partial Structure display...
It's always a tradeoff between flexibility and stringency. But I agree with Braza.
On the other side: there is and was always the option of an individual style? You actually don't need a layer combo to save a view. Even tho it's recommended of course.

I can see why it would be a favorable thing to add, but I think it will just lead to confusion.
("This view is saved with this settings, but it looks different when placed in a layout, huh?" Massively error-prone!)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly
I am in the 'No' camp.
You are basically asking for a variation of a layer combination - so just make a new layer combination.
Over-riding layers in a combination is what gives you the 'Custom' combination now - and that causes problems as you don't really know what you have set.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
my opinion is - Need.

User can input some special Layer script , example:

if Graphic Override is ( Script Name ) , then
Layers.Name.interval = False/True/1/0
end if
return

// ( Script Name ) is a GO type set by user customize n the caption.
example user script the GO for doing site plan or locality plan. ( GO.Combination is "Council Site PLAN 500" )
it will be like this

if GO.C = ("Council Site PLAN 500") , then
Layer.Furniture.visible = 0
Layer.Sofa.visible = 0
Layer.Partition Wall.visible = 0
end if
return

is a entire site but no need to see the "furniture" from "interior".

i mean Layer Override for this kind of NON-TOUCH d Layer setting but given more customization script.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I remember there were wishes for the ability of Graphic Overrides to be able to control the visibility of elements, so elements meeting the Override criteria could be hidden. That would achieve the same thing. But as of now, this feature is not implemented.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27