Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we please-please have the option to choose to reference the level dimension to a reference level other than project zero BEFORE we place the marker on plan?

I know there's a work around to change the dimension text after the level dimension has been placed but I would like to see it as an option to be selected in the tool's settings PRIOR to placing the level dim on plan...

I don't understand why it is not there already, the option is available on the (normal) dimension tool when one chooses the 'elevation dimension' then one can choose 'dimension origin'... so why is it not there on the Level Dimension tool is really beyond me!
33 REPLIES 33
Lingwisyer
Guru
Bugged...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
If you mean you can't see the text properties, you have the marker and the text selected and it is showing the properties for the marker in the info box.
Try selecting just the text and you will see the text properties.
Or make sure the text is the last thing you have selected.

I don't have the latest preview build installed (build 6000), so if you have that then possible it is a bug.
There seems to be other problems with that build.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
I found out how to get the text options to appear. After selecting multiple Level Dimensions, I can get the text options be deselecting one then just selecting the text of that single Marker. Having the Marker as well as it's corresponding text will not give me the text options regardless of the selection order.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
How is this still a thing after almost 10 years now!?!?
Its absurd that this has not yet been fixed. I cant imagine this tool would be that hard to fix.
I feel like the tool could be put under the dimension tool. Just as you have Linear method and Elevation dimension in the same tool.
-J
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about Sea Level Top of walls, beams, columns?
To use labels instead is not a solution. Cannot be set to sea level afaik, only to storey or zero and get two different annotation styles for the same purpose in plan views is not funny at all.
The level marker has to be fixed to use it for all objects and the sea level settting should be made before placing it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
I found out how to get the text options to appear. After selecting multiple Level Dimensions, I can get the text options be deselecting one then just selecting the text of that single Marker. Having the Marker as well as it's corresponding text will not give me the text options regardless of the selection order.

Ling.
Ling saves the day!
Thank you!
Vasileios S_
Advocate
Guys, that's simple and it's many years that this exists in ArchiCAD. It works both on plans and sections.

First, you must set a sea level on Options-Project Preferences-Project Location. Let's say you set it at 90m.

Then create a level dimension. Click on the text and instead of "measured value", check the "custom text". It should show <toPZvalue>. Change it to <toAltvalue> and that's it.

You can use both. I usually use <toPZvalue>(<toAltvalue>) and I have something like this ±0.00(+90.00).

Take care.
You cannot build a line.
Stress Co_
Advisor

This wish
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Add-quot-Dimension-Origin-quot-to-the-Level-Dim-Set...
would solve the issue... instead of using a workaround.

EDIT:
Thinking about it... it is the same as this wish. 樂

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Still not solved...

Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
4hotshoes
Advisor

I second this! Does it need to be a wish? It is not vital to operations, but it just should be that way.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)