BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Level dimensioning associated to dimensions origin.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The level dimension tool gives the possibility to associate hight to slabs, roofs, shells and meshes using gravity and stays linked to this objects.
It should be extended to other objects like walls and custom profiles, since often buildings do not end up with a slab or roof but with an attic or even a flashing.
equally important is being able to choose the dimensions origin (1st and 2nd reference level) like in the dimension tool.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sergio wrote:
equally important is being able to choose the dimensions origin (1st and 2nd reference level) like in the dimension tool.
If you select just the Level Dimension text and open its dialog box (or use the Info Box), you can select (via AutoText) which origin to use. It would be good to have this option before placing the Level Dimension.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David ! That helps a lot.

Regards,

Sergio
Barry Kelly
Most definitely a need to be able to adjust the custom text before placing a level dimension (or any dimension come to that).
We can't even save the custom text as a favourite which would be a work-around.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!