BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Level dimensions on composite slabs

Vasileios S_
Advocate

Hello there,

I need the level dimension marker to show top and bottom of the slab core on a composite slab. In the following example (real scenario), I use a composite slab of 150mm concrete (core) and 50mm tiles. I need the level dimenion marker to show two rows: +0,00 (top of core) and -0,15 (bottom of core). Right now, a level dimension marker shows +0,05, the real upper level of the composite slab.

I think this issue splits into two different sections: a) the ability to show two dimensions in the level dimension marker and b) the ability to select what heights the level dimension will display.

level-dimensions-composite-slabs.jpg

You cannot build a line.
14 REPLIES 14

@runxel Why should I seperate them? Shouldn't I use composites instead for this type of structure?

You cannot build a line.

I think you can use the Label Tool with built in label as shown in image.

2022-01-24 (2).png

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

With this method, we are really close! I attach image. Above is the label-method, below is the fill-line-text method. Can we have this crosshair in the label pointer and somehow stretch the line? Plus a prefix for the + symbol?

level-dimensions-composite-slabs-2.jpg

You cannot build a line.

In my eyes it is easier for working to seperate the both types – at least in later design stages. Normally I never have the same slab composition in all my rooms. But the construction (like concrete slab) will be.

Also this allows me to have different cover fills for different rooms – if I want to.

And working with doors, niches, recesses, etc. is easier, too.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-9262)

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!