Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Library Manager - show / sort by unused objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
A simple request - the embedded library can quickly become full of unused objects in Teamwork files - my wish is that there be a way to show objects that are embedded but not in use in the embedded library show that they can be cleaned out. At the moment the only way AFAIK is to select each object and see if it's being used or not. I guess one could generate a schedule, but then this needs to be referenced against the library and then they can be cleaned out.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Properties panel of the Dialog shows the number of placed instances.
Naturally, if it is zero, there are no placed instances.
Or do you want some other way, like a different icon or something?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, a different icon, or colour, so one can differentiate between objects that are in use and those that are not - the aim being of course to be able to see which ones can be removed from the project when doing a tidy-up. If the project hasn't been managed well and there are a lot of unused objects, you can see which aren't being used by clicking on each one, but when you delete one, you then need to Reload the libraries before you can see which other ones aren't in use. hope that makes sense...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
...but when you delete one, you then need to Reload the libraries before you can see which other ones aren't in use....
Yeah, I don't understand why this happens Very annoying.