BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

License Management - deactivate computer w/ online account

ricardord
Contributor
Hi,

I hadn't used ArchiCAD for many years and find the current digital license management upload/download a nightmare, so much so that I was forced to buy a hardware key.

Couldn't you adopt something similar to the Adobe License Management system which let's you log in to your web account and choose which computer you wish to deactivate (see video on link below)?

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription?

Your individual Creative Cloud license lets you install your apps on more than one computer, activate (sign-in) on two, but use them on only one computer at a time.

Activate apps if already activated on two computers

If you've already activated your Creative Cloud individual subscription on two computers, you'll first need to deactivate it on one of the systems.

- Sign out to deactivate Creative Cloud on one of the two computers.
- Sign in to activate Creative Cloud on the new computer.

If you don't have access to your previous computer, you can deactivate it from your accounts page. To learn how, see "Deactivate from Adobe.com" in Activate and deactivate Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

Thanks,
Ricardo
ArchiCAD 22 Solo – MacOS 10.13.6 > iMac 27 i5 3.2GHz . 16GB RAM . 1GB VRAM – MacOS 10.14.6 > MacBook Pro i7 2.6GHz . 8GB RAM . 1GB VRAM
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
Always wondered what happens when a computer becomes unusable and the key can't be uploaded to the LM on the GS system...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Online licence management sounds pretty good. In the past we have had to call AutoDesk after forgetting to unregister AutoCAD on old computers before disposing of them...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!